Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Altered Domino Pendant

I participated recently in a swap to alter a domino into a pendant.  This is what I made:



I took a plain old domino and I began by drilling a hole at the top and the bottom to insert copper wire.  But before I inserted the wire, I colored it with alcohol inks using both Pinata and Adirondack Alcohol Inks.  The Pinata colors are very vibrant while the Adirondack Inks are more subtle.

After the inks dried (which is very fast) I used E6000 glue to glue in a copper wire at the top and bottom.  I let that dry.  Once dry I put beads on the wire and at the top created a loop for the silk ribbon and at the bottom I created a spiral to hold the beads on.

I then glued on the findings on the front which have Swarovski crystal bead inserts.

While the glue was drying, I dyed the silk ribbon with Imperial Purple and Lilac dyes.

I added a copper jump ring and then added the ribbon and I was done.

I hope you like the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment